I've had this Hour Glass quilt top waiting patiently for its turn to be quilted and finished.
So because I'm not feeling up to par and nothing was going my way with a little project I have in the works, I decided to pull this baby out and see if progress could be made.
First things first though...
meet my Secret Weapon against slippage and fighting with quilt tops while attempting to Free Motion!
This is high tech stuff here and very budget friendly.
Good old or rather a new pair of inexpensive { cheap } rubber gloves.
These suckers are great and certainly help get the job done much faster.
Now all I need to do is make my binding and sew.
An excellent project tonight,
depending on how I'm feeling that is!



I like your secret weapon...I will have to try that..easy it is at the grocery store...thanks!
ReplyDeleteHello Carolyn,
ReplyDeleteLove the quilt,hope you finish it soon,are you keeping this one for yourself?
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo
I wouldn't have thought of rubber gloves for free motion. Ha! I will have to give it a try, thanks for the tip and look forward to seeing what the finished quilt looks like!
ReplyDelete