
Keena is the daughter of a super guy that used to work for us. He married Keena's Mom last year and on a visit to their home, Keena had to show me her room which is painted LIME GREEN! Well that got me thinking about some fabrics I'd picked up awhile ago that included lime green. Perfect. Keena also loves PINK and PURPLE and yes this fq bundle had that too. It was all coming together, as long as there wasn't blue. Keena is all girlie girl, a 4 year old princess/ballerina. Anyways this is what I came up with for this sweetie-pie with some novelty print pinwheels to boot. Then I thought about adding her name to the back because really this quilt doesn't have a front or back.
All in all I think it turned out great and I can't wait to see Keena's face when she gets her new quilt.
What a fun quilt....she will just love it!
ReplyDeleteI want good luck on festival!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful!!!!!
So cute, fresh, funny and bright! Keena will love it! Have a great week end.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Eli
Can't go wrong with lime green and purple.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky little girl -I'll bet she'll think it rocks.
Sandra Starley
Come see my latest challenge quilt & its 1890 cheddar star original
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com
and my 1890 pink blazing star antique
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
I like your pinwheels!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky girl, that Keena! It's perfect for a lime green room :^)
ReplyDeleteI love the random pinwheels! Very cute Carolyn!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute quilt! Wonderful gift for little Keena!
ReplyDeleteWhat a very special quilt! That is one lucky little girl. Having your name is a quilt is very awesome, she'll appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteI think your lovely quilt will be very much adored and snuggled.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cheerful quilt. Beautiful fabrics and fun design. You did a great job.
ReplyDeleteSewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
LOVE this quilt--so adorable for a princess/ballerine! the colors are just wonderful, the pinwheels whimsical and her name is great. the border is nice--totally agree about how hard that had to be!
ReplyDeleteA real fun quilt for a Pink Princess
ReplyDeleteGreat fun quilt!! I'm loving it!
ReplyDelete